Friday, November 8, 2019

2019 - Gratitude Month #8 - Kerry's siblings

Gratitude day #8

Today I am grateful for Kerry's siblings...all ten of them!

Kerry is pretty much right in the middle of those eleven children, which is something I cannot even begin to relate to.

Not in my wildest thoughts can I envision growing up with siblings.

He often tells me what it was like to grow up in a family where you always had a playmate. I'm sure it wasn't always a smooth ride, either for the children or the parents. But, they have all turned out into good and productive people who add a lot to this earth.

In the photos below, you will see two of the siblings in stand alone photos. Those are the two who predeceased their parents. Their deaths devastated everyone, particularly their parents. Sadly, I can relate.

My mother used to tell me that if you can get along with the members of your own family, you can get along with anyone in the world.

I see this in Mr. Kerry. He and I compromise on important matters quite well. I'm sure he has that ability from having to do that in the midst of a crowd of siblings. Me? I had to develop this trait, for I never really had to compromise with anyone about anything.

I get along well with Kerry's siblings. I've had some wonderful talks and experiences with them that I cherish. I truly look at them as my own brothers and sisters, and feel I can call them for just about anything.

But, as far as the sons go...I got the best of the bunch!

They are a good family, and I cherish them as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment