Thursday, November 21, 2019

2019 - Gratitude Month #21 - Travel

Gratitude day #21

Today I am grateful for the opportunities I have had to travel.

Yesterday I posted about transportation. But today, it's about the places I have had to travel to different places in the world, seeing some of the most beautiful sites on earth, and meeting the best of the best who walk this earth.

Kerry and I have had the privilege of traveling to all of our magnificent fifty states. They each have their own beauty, their favorite things they call their own, and beautiful souls who live within their borders.

The mountains that have shown off their grandeur, the oceans with the big swells which many fishes and mammals call their home, the hills and hollers with the twang of the Scots-Irish in their blood and their music, the vast prairies that extend thousands of miles boasting of corn and wheat and soybeans, the states that hang on to their history and honor the arrivals and trails of a new people, the Mayan pyramids and jungles throughout Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Belize, and the vastness of Russia filled with people who never meet your gaze.

As I write this, I am in the shadows of Mount Hood and Mount Saint Helens, the mountains that we can see for miles before we ever reach them, the waterfalls that abound, and the majesty of a state filled with beauty.

But, it's the people. The people who I have had the privilege of meeting are good, proud, hardworking people. They have much to say, and often when the opportunity presents itself, I will look at them and say, "Tell me your story."

And, they talk.

And, I listen.

And, we connect, knowing we will likely never meet again on this earth.

The time will come where traveling as much as we have will be a bit harder than it has been for us. But, what a lifetime of beautiful memories I have to draw upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment