Friday, November 9, 2018

Gratitude Day #9 - 2018 - Modern Transportation

Gratitude Day #9

Today I am grateful for modern transportation.

This morning, I woke up to snow. Kerry and I hopped into our Jeep, which was sitting in a garage, all clean and warm and ready to go.

We didn't have to hook up mules or horses, heat bricks to keep our feet warm, or any of the things my own parents would have had to do.

And, just a few hours later, I was looking out my window at four beautiful swimming pools at the Rosen Shingle Creek property in Orlando, Florida. https://www.rosenshinglecreek.com/

I am living in these wonderful modern times where convenience is the rule. We have criss-crossed the country -- as many others did behind oxen and wagons, we have flown to foreign countries, Kerry and I have both driven tractors, and have taken trains into mountains and forests.

I grew up watching "Little House on the Prairie" and "The Waltons". I remember telling my mom how cool that would have been to have lived back then, for it seemed so cozy and romanticized.

She looked at me like I just landed from another planet. She told me not to ever wish to go back to those time, for she had lived them. She had raised a family during them. She was born in the day of mules and buckboards, but lived long enough to see men walk on the moon.

So, today I am grateful for these modern conveniences that include springs, shocks, rubber tires, windshield wipers, AC/heat, and other things that we take for granted every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment