Monday, November 12, 2018

Gratitude Day #12 - 2018 - Clothing and Shoes

Gratitude Day #12

Today I am grateful for my clothing and my shoes.

I'm grateful for shoes that I didn't have to make; that actually fit a left foot and a right foot. I have broken my feet nine times, and have arthritis that has developed where those breaks occurred. Hence, my feet always hurt. Always.

I'm grateful that there are comfortable shoes that can help me walk more comfortably. And, when I did have a break, I'm grateful for the devices and apparatus that helped them heal.

I am grateful for clothing that is already made, and that my family didn't have to depend on me to make their outfits. That I didn't have to grow the cotton or feed a sheep. That I didn't have to spin in it to thread or knit it into sweaters and hats.

I am able to do those things. I'm just glad I don't have to.

I guess I'm going to add blankets, and sheets, and quilts, and pillows to this list, too. We all depend on those items. And, I'm grateful I can go to somewhere like Kohl's or Macy's to bring them home.

My parents didn't have such luxuries; and my grandparents certainly didn't. It's just so nice to nestle down in warm clothing under warm blankets while we wait for some snow to move in tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment