Friday, November 23, 2018

Gratitude Day #23 - 2018 - The Temple

Gratitude Day #23

Today I am grateful for the temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

You know you've seen them. Those who have been to the Family History Library certainly recognize the Salt Lake Temple, which is the second one below.

There are 159 operating temples around the world, with more that are in the middle of construction or have been announced -- bringing the total to 201.

Kerry and I met in the Washington DC Temple, which is the first picture below. He had been working there for three years when I moved in with my parents, who had been working there, too. I met Kerry the second day I was there.

Now, we work in the Columbus, Ohio Temple every Friday. Kerry began working there in 2002, and I began in 2003. It's one of the best days of our week.

Now, why are we there week after week? Because of our devotion to God. It's within those walls that we have learned to become better people. We're not perfect, but we sure are trying. Personally, I have tried to become better at seeing people the way that God sees them.

We dress in white, because not one of us is above the other.

So, while everyone else is enjoying the Black Friday sales throughout the malls, shops, and internet...

Kerry and I were quietly enjoying a very busy White Friday in the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment