Thursday, November 22, 2018

Gratitude Day #22 - 2018 - Thanksgiving

Gratitude Day #22
Today I am grate for Thanksgiving.
Yes, Thanksgiving. To me it is not Turkey Day...not in the least.
It is Thanksgiving. And, there is no other holiday that excites me more, nor brings me into focus like this one does.
I think I like it because it's the one holiday that perhaps we all celebrate in one way or another. Some of us are religious and celebrate Christmas, Easter, Epiphany, and some others. Some of us may not be religious, and really don't feel a need for that in their lives.
But, I really do feel that all of us at one time or another give pause to think about the things in life that mean the most to us -- our families, our health, our homes, the things that enrich our lives and make us glad to be alive.
The calamities and catastrophes happening around the world perhaps bring us to a full stop, realizing that there are others who are suffering. Yet, they often will find something to be grateful for.
I have been writing my gratitude posts for a number of years now, and perhaps they are a bit cheesy. Perhaps they are the same old same old.
Perhaps they are meant for Peggy to remember.
So, on this cold, crisp, clear Thanksgiving Day, I am grateful for:
My family. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that means more to me than my family. We travel many miles each year to see them, and are grateful that were able to, and that they want us to come.
My home. As I mentioned in a previous post, I live in the most beautiful home in America, and have the most beautiful house.
My country. Oh, my gosh, do I ever love my country. We've survived so many tragedies, and have always recovered. I hope we always can.
My church. I don't get real preachy on FB, but today is a day for me to recognize the goodness that being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been for me. It has brought me to being more Christlike than if I had ever made the effort on my own.
My God. My Eternal Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I have a personal relationship with each of them. When the time comes that I am able to meet them face to face, I hope and pray that I will be able to look upon their face. I hope and pray that I will want to.
So, on this beautiful Thanksgiving evening when my belly and my heart are full, I quietly reflect on my having lived a very good and rich life. There have been bumps along the road, which I prayed would go away.
And, they didn't.
But, my back was made stronger.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment