Friday, December 4, 2020

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #4 - Christmas Canon in D, Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Christmas Music of the Day #4 

Christmas Canon in D, Trans-Siberian Orchestra

I can recall the very first time I heard Canon in D. Kerry and I were still dating, when my boss recommended we take a day to visit the National Air and Space Museum, and to be sure to view the film on their large I-Max screen that was about 4-5 stories high. And, be sure to get our tickets early.

Okay.

So, we drove down into the District, bought our tickets early and wandered around until it was our time to view the film "Flight". We even spent time in the planetarium, one of our favorite things to view no matter where we are.

We walked in, and it was so quiet. Almost reverent. This haunting, ethereal music was playing a song I had never heard before. But, every single person in that theater sat mesmerized.

I still get mesmerized whenever I hear it. And, this version by TSO is beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment