Saturday, December 5, 2020

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day - Russian Nativity and All Nativities

 Christmas Beauty of the Day #5

Russian Nativity and All Nativities

Any nativity from anywhere in the world touches my heart. And I hit the jackpot when I was at RootsTech a couple of years ago. Before the activities began, I strolled through the Church History Museum next door to the Family History Library. Their displays change from time to time, plus I love looking at the time period of history that would have included Kerry's family - the handcart pioneers.

As I neared the end of the displays, what should I see but nativities from all over the world! I loved seeing how different countries and cultures celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. My only regret is that I didn't have my camera that shoots well through museum glass.

I have quite a collection of nativities that I display every year. Each one has a special story behind it. But there is one that touches my heart each time I look at it.

It is the nativity Erik sent us from Russia when he was serving his mission.

When I first opened it, my mouth dropped. I looked at the carving and the intricate painting on it. The detail is just remarkable.

And it remains out all year long...so that I never forget this great gift of his coming to earth.

#ChristmasBeautyoftheDay

#LightTheWorld







No comments:

Post a Comment