Friday, December 25, 2020

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day #25 - Kerry and Peggy

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day #25 - Kerry and Peggy

Today concludes my Christmas posts for 2020. I hope there has been some joy in both the music and the treasures I have posted.

Today's posts is a culmination of all of the previous posts. All have pointed to Christ in one way or another. They are filled with the appreciation I have for all he has given to me - to us. 

Even the tiniest of things have meaning. The Danish plates point to Kerry's heritage. The ornament from Valley Forge represents my own ancestors, as well as some of Kerry's who fought to preserve our God-given freedoms on this land.

The Russian nativities and nesting dolls point to all of God's children around the world that he loves.

The Christmas plates from Kerry's mother point to the giving of something we would cherish for the rest of our lives. The kerosene lamps reminding me of Christmas Eves with my parents point to the light that Christ brings into our lives.

The red gingham bows my mom and I made together represent the time spent within a family, and how we should make an effort to get things all tied up in our lives.

The baby booties and quilt made and give to baby son Peter represent that Peter once lived, he died, and is very much alive in spirit in the afterlife. Trust me when I say I know this.

The cowboy boot from OGS represents that every now and then we need a kick in the rear to get us going in the right direction. Again, trust me when I say I know this.

So today, Kerry and I are grateful for the birth of Jesus Christ whose birth we celebrate today. A deeper study will show that it likely didn't happen in December, but that it happened at a different time of year. But, that's a whole other discourse. Today we commemorate that he was born and lived and taught his doctrine, he died to redeem us from our sins through his atoning sacrifice, he was resurrected.

And, he will return.

We were taught those things as children, growing up 3,000 miles apart.

We believe those things as adults, because we choose to.

Merry Christmas to all of you. May you find the peace that we have.

Peace is not living without conflict. It is finding peace amidst the conflict.

#Christmas

#LightTheWorld


No comments:

Post a Comment