Wednesday, December 16, 2020

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #16 - Silent Night - Placido Domingo and The Piano Guys

 2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #16 - Silent Night, by Placido Domingo and The Piano Guys

There is just something about cathedrals.

Years ago Mr. Kerry and I were on a tour through Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Belize. My favorite part? The cathedrals. One of my dream trips would be to go cathedral hopping through Europe.

When I heard this video of Placido Domingo singing in this gorgeous Cathedral of Saint John the Divine in New York City, I had to stop what I was doing and listen intently. Again. And Again.

And the children's voices in the background!

Perhaps it's the majesty of the building, or the high ceilings, or...I don't know. But the sound takes on a completely different feeling. It's sort of like when you sing in the shower. Everyone sounds good because of the porcelain.

#ChristmasMusicoftheDay

#LightTheWorld





No comments:

Post a Comment