Wednesday, December 9, 2020

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day #9 - Christmas Eggs from Russian Friends

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day #9 - Christmas Eggs from Russian Friends

Son Erik served his mission to Samara Russia 2003-2005. While he was there both he and us were introduced to different artforms that struck me with their beauty.

For our anniversary one year, he sent home a beautiful painted egg with our portraits on one side and a painting of the Washington Temple on the other. Kerry and I were in awe as we looked at the talent that had gone into this precious gift.

When we visited there at the end of Erik's mission, I was able to meet the woman who had done this work for us. She then showed us a nativity egg that she had done. It was much smaller, but again the detail was remarkable. She laid it in my hand and gave it to me.

And, I cried at her tender gesture.







No comments:

Post a Comment