Saturday, December 19, 2020

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #19 - Away in a Manger, Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square

 2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #19 - Away in a Manger, Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square

I will often have people ask me how I just seem to be so calm, so cool, so collected.

It does appear that way, doesn't it? Trust me...I have my moments.

But the things I have been posting this month and all of last month are the ways I maintain my focus on the things that really matter and walk away from the things that don't.

This particular arrangement of "Away in a Manger" made me stop what I was doing and hone in on the message. It is one of the tender and gentle versions I've heard. 

Through song and scripture I have somewhat of a visual of what it may have looked like on that Christmas Eve of long ago. I think of young Mary, likely a teenage girl according to custom, as she was bring baby Jesus into the world. What a tremendous responsibility that was placed on her shoulders.

I think of Joseph, and the supportive role he played in raising this baby boy. We only know a little about him, but we know that he did not turn Mary away and disgrace her. What a tremendous responsibility that was placed on his shoulders.

This tender melody brings me into those moments of so long ago.

#ChristmasMusicoftheDay

#LighttheWorld



No comments:

Post a Comment