Saturday, December 19, 2020

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day #19 - Cowboy Boot from OGS

2020 - Christmas Beauty of the Day #19 - Cowboy Boot from OGS

About three years ago, the Ohio Genealogical Society had "Blazing New Trails", or something similar to that, as their annual conference theme. Many of the talks centered around Ohio being either a place you were going to or through as ancestors migrated westward.

As a speaker, there hasn't been a single conference I've been to that didn't have a marvelous gift bag for the speakers. Many times they contain gifts and products related to the them or are from the local area. 

When I opened my bag, I was delighted to see cowboy boot cookies from the marvelous Stacey Adger. I am amazed at her baking talent!

But, also included was this adorable boot! I absolutely loved it then, and love it still! First, I have always wanted a pair of cowboy boots. 

And second, Mr. Kerry worked on his dad's ranch and dairy farm as a "cowboy". This ornament is one that hangs on a special tree year round.

As a hint for conference organizers...if we ever get back to any sort of normal, in-person conferences, this is the type of thing I would love from your area. It provides a history for me.

Thank you to Marleen Applegate and Stacey Adger for the thoughtful things that go into these bags, and to each and every organizer I have received things from. I absolutely love them!

#ChristmasBeautyoftheDay

#LightTheWorld



No comments:

Post a Comment