Monday, November 23, 2020

2020 - Gratitude Day #23 - Modern Conveniences

 Gratitude Day #23 

Today I am grateful for modern conveniences

I am so grateful that I live during a time when I can walk into a room and flip a switch to have light.

That I can turn a key to start an engine to a car.

That I don't have to chop wood to cook or stay warm. I can turn my furnace up, turn on the oven or cook on the stove top, and even have a baked potato in moments.

I am grateful to be able to stand in a shower and have warm water flow down my head and soothe my shoulders, or to soak and flop around in the tub.

I am grateful for a vacuum cleaner to inhale the dirt that gets carried in.

I'm grateful for windows that keep the elements out, but the beauty in.

I'm grateful that I don't have to grow sheep or cotton to make my own clothing - that I have the luxury of shopping and/or having it delivered. This would include not having to cobble shoes to try to fit my feet.

I'm grateful for warm and cozy bedding that I didn't have to make, although I could. And, if I get really cold I can simply turn on a blanket and be warmer in moments.

I'm grateful for my big digital camera to take beautiful photos that I can see in an instant. I'm also grateful for a cell phone that connects me with my family, and with the world. That I can take a picture of a picture and send it in seconds to my sister.

I'm grateful to be able to mow with my tractor - that I don't have to wield a scythe or have a herd of goats in the yard or the back field. I like goats, but I don't have to depend on them yet.

I'm grateful for grocery stores. I can go into a store and get just about anything I want to eat or make. I don't have to grind the flour - but I can. I don't have to milk a cow or raise chickens. The convenience of being able to have foods from all over the world amazes me, for I can even have it delivered to my front door.

I guess I'm just grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment