Friday, November 20, 2020

2020 - Gratitude Day #20 - Faith

 Gratitude day #20

Today I am grateful for my faith.

That includes all aspects of my faith - my Church, my prayers, my scriptures, etc. There really is no end.

Just a few moments ago, I was able to listen to a message from the President of our Church, Russell M. Nelson. This 96 year-old man is an inspiration to all who have met him. Prior to his calling to be a General Authority in the Church, he was a renowned heart and cardio-thoracic surgeon who helped in the development of the heart-lung machine.

He is a man of science. He is a man of God.

He had a special message that was broadcast over several internet venues, such as youtube, Facebook, and the Church's website found here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng

His message was one of healing that can be found with gratitude, and challenged all of us to express that gratitude over the next seven days throughout social media using the hashtag: #GiveThanks. Then, see if you are a different person at the end of those seven days.

He also encouraged the following:

Counting our blessings is far better than recounting our problems.

For the next 7 days, turn social media into personal gratitude journal.

Unite in thanking God through daily prayer.

Prayer for the world and everyone in it.

This is something I can do, and am willing to do. Perhaps you have seen my previous gratitude posts. I will keep posting them, and could continue the rest of my days and never run out of things to be thankful for.

So day, President Nelson gave us a prescription to carry on and not be downtrodden, and I intend on doing it.

Just a few days ago, someone gave me one of the highest compliments I have received. I was told that I am a woman of faith - with a capital "F".

I can't recall when I have been so touched.

So, I continue on being grateful in my heart to be able to hear words from the President of our church through the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment