Tuesday, November 17, 2020

2020 - Gratitude Day #17 - Travel

 Gratitude Day #17

Today I am grateful for all of the places I have been able to travel.

Kerry and I both came from traveling families. I don't really call it wanderlust; it's just more of an appreciation for the beauty and the people that are part of this wonderful earth.

I recall my mom telling me how important it was to have a good and sturdy mule while growing up in Kentucky. She said they were more sure-footed than horses. It was part of their lives to hook up a mule to the wagon and go into town or go visiting.

And, I need to recall which one of my Facebook friends I was talking to when we learned that both of our fathers had received the same advice from their own father - that when you began to court, get on a mule and go over two mountains to look for a girl so you don't end up with someone you're related to.

Who was that? Please let me know who I was talking with!

Today, I'm grateful that if I want to ride a mule, I can. But, I don't have to in order to get somewhere. I have the luxury of getting into a nice heated or air-conditioned car with soft seats, windshield wipers, and good tires.

Kerry and I have had the privilege of visiting all of our fifty beautiful states, and traveling to areas such as Canada (love it!), Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, and Belize (loved it!), and Russia (sort of loved it!)

We have the opportunity to get into a plane a travel across the country to be with family in a matter of hours.

I am grateful that instead of incessant tossing back and forth on a tiny ship in the ocean, I can cruise with people waiting to help me at my beck and call, or flying over that same ocean from one continent to another.

I am grateful to hear of Kerry's travels with his family as they toured Scandinavia and Russia, and of his parents' travels throughout the world.

But, most of all, I love coming down our road and seeing our home. Our beautiful home.

I am grateful to go. I am grateful to return.





No comments:

Post a Comment