Saturday, October 13, 2018

Facebook Fast 2018 - #6

Facebook withdrawal - #6
Today was no issue at all, for Kerry and I worked at the Columbus Temple all day. We do that each Friday, and miss it when we're traveling.
For today:

1. I saw no chickens. Perhaps they have found food elsewhere that is tastier than my croissants. Traitors.
2. I read three chapters of scriptures.
3. Kerry and I fondly remembered a couple we met 41 years ago when we were working in the Washington, D.C. Temple.
I saw her bring him into the temple in a wheelchair. They always looked like they were just smitten with each other; they adored one another, and it showed.
His speech was a bit slurred, and his hands were shaped as though he had a palsy.
I asked her how long they had been married. She said they had just celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary.
Shortly after they were married, he was bitten by a mosquito, which affected everything but his mind. He worked for NASA (I think), and was brilliant and valuable.
They had one son, and there would never be another child born to them. The physical part of their relationship was gone after one month.
But, their marriage had not been based on just that aspect of love. It went deeper than that.
We wondered if they are still alive and how they might be doing. They are likely gone now. I never met the son, but I hope his parents' example remains in his own mind.
It was good for us to remember them today.
4. I am continuing to read and mark up my book. It's mine. It's alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment