Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Facebook Fast 2018 - #2

I'm doing an evening check-in on FB after a very busy 24 hours.
And, they have been good! And, yes...I have received some PM's with some comments about me limiting FB for ten days.
I am not blind.
But, by limiting FB, let me tell you what I was able to do:
1. Respond to some of the several of the dozens of emails that have just been sitting in my inbox.
2. Send in handouts in a goodly time, instead of waiting until the last minute.
3. Fill out contracts, instead of waiting until the last minute.
4. Answer an email from a dear, sweet reader of my Reminisce column. She has been trying to find the father of (?), and I sent her links that would point her in the right direction. I actually found him, but I wanted her to have the joy of discovering him.
5. Answered several questions that came in on the FB pages I am administrator of. I also posted helpful links to them.
6. I talked with one of my sisters three times. She suffered a bad fall early Saturday morning, and I'm quite concerned about her.
7. I began assembling the PowerPoint slides for several new presentations coming up in the next year.
8. I read from scriptures.
9. I killed two spiders.
I'm going to come right out and say that if I had been horsing around on FB today, I would probably not have gotten several of the above things done today. Sometimes I wait too long, then scurry.
However, I am not influenced by bullying. And yes, I have experienced some of that today, too. It didn't work with me when I was younger, and it won't work with me now.
So, I can close my eyes today having had what I consider a successful day.
Tomorrow...my tractor!

No comments:

Post a Comment