Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Facebook Fast 2018 - #8

Facebook withdrawal #8
After a morning of worship, we spent the rest of this day just resting, working on things we love, and enjoying this beautiful season.
And, I did a lot of thinking and contemplating. My FB withdrawal has allowed me to so so much more of that.
1. I read three more chapters of scripture. I have needed that.
2. I thought back to all of the travelling we have done this year. On one of those trips, I spoke with someone who had never been out of their state. They had never even been out of their own county. I marveled, for both Kerry and I grew up in travelling families.
We absolutely love the beauty of America, and have found it everywhere we have ever gone.
3. I reconnected with a cousin I haven't talked to in awhile. She's had some challenges to deal with, including the death of someone she loved very much.
4. I am continuing to read and mark up a book I am using for reference in a presentation I am working on. Poor book.
5. The chickens may have found a better restaurant somewhere else.
6. I answered some emails that I have just left sitting for no good reason. That is actually quite rude of me, and I need to do better.
7. I had a good talk with a young person about how important it is to make good choices. My personal mantra: when we make a choice, we sometimes actually do choose our consequences. It's called the "If...Then..." principle. We used it all the time with our kids.
*If you help with the yard work, then we can all go for ice cream.
*If you get good grades, you can get into a good college.
*If you keep my commandments, then you will have eternal life.
I hope I made a difference today.

No comments:

Post a Comment