Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Facebook Fast 2018 - #1

My wonderful Facebook friends...
I have been humbled as I have received and read the outpouring of congratulations from hundreds of you from around the world. You have each made a meaningful time for me even more remarkable as you took the time to send your beautiful thoughts to me.
Now, I will join with hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of other LDS women around the world and participate in a ten day "fast" from social media. We received this counsel last evening during the women's session of #LDSGeneralConference, and I am accepting the challenge.
Now, what this means for me may be somewhat different than for others. I will be still be on FB for work, as I search through the many genealogy groups I belong to. Many contact me through FB, and I will continue to be available for that.
But, I won't be doing is mindlessly scrolling through messages when I could be doing better things with my time.
Although...the food posts may still scream out to me.
So yes, I will still be on here, but it will be with a purpose. And, I will report to all of you if I emerge from this a different person than when I began.
Again, I thank you all for your beautiful messages to me during this past APG-PMC conference. I'll see you all in about ten days...

No comments:

Post a Comment