Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Women's History Month - #12


March 12 — Working girl: Did your mother or grandmother work outside the home? What did she do? Describe her occupation.

Mom stayed home.

Her mom stayed home.

For a time period, she did work at cleaning houses.  She named me after one of the women whose home she cleaned - Peggy Sternbaum. 

She also worked for awhile in the cafeteria of my grade school.  I was always secretly excited when I would see her working, for it was a part-time job.  She worked when she was called in.  It always bothered her to see the amount of food wasted.
Image from Google, not my mother

Mom was always at home when I was at home.  She was there to get me off to school in the mornings, and was there when I returned afterward.  She kept the home running, just like her own mother had done.

1 comment:

  1. Homemaker is a more than a full time job, and truly the most important job, most underpaid and often not appreciated! I'm glad you appreciate all that your mother did for you and sounds like she appreciate what her mother did for her!

    ReplyDelete