Friday, December 7, 2018

A busy year of genealogy presentations - 2018

Today is brought to you by the number 73.

As this latest Legacy Family Tree Webinar was released today, this marks 73 presentations I have given this year.

Some have been given in person, such as jamborees, conferences, societies, day long seminars, institutes, and like-minded events. Others have been via webinars, such as the one today.

And, I am very, very grateful.

I'm grateful that I was asked in the first place! Of all of the topics that could have been chosen, you chose those that you felt may have benefited your group the best. I thank you for that.

I'm grateful that I have had many good teachers who have helped me become proficient in technology, which enabled me to do these things in the first place. Most of those teachers have been FB friends who are reading this post.

I am grateful that I have had good health to travel to the four corners of this beautiful country, and all of the areas in between. Mr. Kerry and I made five trips across America this year alone; the rest of the time I flew. That's when he sings to wake me up in the morning. Wait...he does that when he's with me, too.

I'm grateful that I have been able to meet so many people in the genealogy community! I have heard your stories about your grandpas, listened to your dilemmas, and even shed a few tears as you shared your successes.

I'm grateful that when I am attending an event, I also have the opportunity to sit in on classes and do some more learning for myself. I am never finished learning, and don't ever want to be. I thirst for more knowledge.

At the end of last year, I counted up what I had done during 2017, and the number was 70. I didn't think I could do that two years in a row. But, in March I counted up what I had committed to this year, and it was 68.

Okay.

But, then I said yes to five more. And, it's okay.

So, I thank the wonderful organizers who work so hard to plan their events, work their schedules, jiggle and wiggle things around to make them fit, and make it a pure joy to come to your area of the country -- whether in person or over the Internet.

You make my life so full.

No comments:

Post a Comment