Tuesday, December 8, 2020

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #8 - Gesu Bambino, by David Archuleta

 2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #8 - Gesu Bambino, sung by David Archuleta

The very first time I heard this song was when I was about age 13, and was asked to play it for a soloist at church, and then at another gathering where he would be singing.

It was a fresh song for me, and we had no recordings of it. So, I had to sound it out, playing it measure by measure. Within a short time, I had it down pat, and it has remained one of my favorite songs to both listen to and to play.

From Wikipedia, we read: "Gesù bambino is an Italian Christmas carol composed by Pietro Yon in 1917. The melody was used by Frederick H. Martens in his English language carol "When Blossoms Flowered 'mid the Snows". The melody and lyrics of the chorus are derived from "Adeste Fideles" (O Come All Ye Faithful)."

David Archuleta does a beautiful rendition of it with the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square.

#ChristmasMusicoftheDay

#LightTheWorld



No comments:

Post a Comment