Tuesday, December 15, 2020

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #15 - What Child is This? - Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #15 - What  Child is This? - Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square

Remember the kerosene lamps I posted within the past couple of days? This is the music that was always playing in the background as we sat by their light, the glow of the fireplace, my grandmother baking her arthritic knees, and my dad reading the Christmas story.

My mom could barely listen to this song without tears welling up in her eyes. It was her absolute favorite of all time. She would often ask me to play it on the piano, which I gladly did.

Personally...I think it's because as a mother, she could put herself in the place of holding a child in the most humble of circumstances. When each of my children were born, I felt a connection with every woman on earth, whether they were a mother or not. All have "mothered".

When I was a young teenager, she let me take her mountain of S&H Green Stamp books and buy a recorder - just like the one in this video. When I played it for her on that instrument, she melted.

I still have that recorder. It survived all of these years from the time I was about 13-14. I was even part of a recorder choir at one point.

This song brings me back to those Christmas Eves of my childhood.

#ChristmasMusicoftheDay

#LightTheWorld



No comments:

Post a Comment