Monday, December 7, 2020

2020 - Christmas Music of the Day #7 - The Prayer, by David Archuleta and Nathan Pacheco

 Christmas Music of the Day #7 - The Prayer, by David Archuleta and Nathan Pacheco

The first time I heard "The Prayer" it was sung by Charlotte Church and Josh Groban. I was driving, and literally had to pull off to the side of the road to listen to it. It touched my heart then, and it still does.

It was written by Carol Bayer Sager, who has written so many good songs that I have listened to all of my life. But, I wasn't aware until recently that she had written this one. From Wikipedia, we read, "Her song with David Foster, "The Prayer", originally recorded by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli, won the Golden Globe, and is one of few songs to be sung at weddings and funerals alike."

I had a small miracle take place with this particular song. Recently a friend asked if I would assist other musicians from our church in a video that would be assembled and recorded for this holiday season. I told her I would search through my music to see if I had a copy of the one she was looking for.

While in my music file, my hand kept getting caught on this large oversized piece of music. I finally pulled it out, and it was "The Prayer". Where in the world did that come from? I have absolutely no recollection of ever buying it, and most all of the music stores in our area that sold sheet music went out of business years ago. I download most sheet music now.

But, there it was.

Little did I know that I would be playing that very song at her husband's livestreamed funeral ten days later.

Now, where did it come from? I have no idea. And, it doesn't matter.

#ChristmasMusicOfTheMonth

#LightTheWorld



The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square has also done a beautiful arrangement that I am including.



No comments:

Post a Comment