Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas Beauty of the Day - Danish Santa Claus

Christmas beauty of the day.

Our Danish Santa Claus.

I don't often talk about Kerry's genealogy, for it's his heritage. I have my own struggles with my southern roots.

But, his father's father's line is nearly all Danish. Every now and then, there is someone from Sweden or Norway.

Hence, I call Mr. Kerry my "Great Dane".

I tried to learn as many things as I could about Danish traditions when I was raising our family, and relied on my mother-in-law to help me with that. She wasn't Danish, either. But, she learned enough about Scandinavia to be one of the founders of the Scandinavian Festival held around Memorial Day each year in Sanpete Co., UT.

The Danish Santa has always had a place in our Christmas memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment