Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Book Review - LifeBio

Sometimes I get a little behind my own self.
And, this is an example of this "behindness".

At RootsTech 2017, I was experiencing some pain from a fall I'd had a few days earlier.
That meant I couldn't go as far or as fast as I would have liked.

It also meant more time in the Vendor Hall talking with sellers about their products.

And, I found one I really like.

I really like "fill in the blank books",
especially when it comes to writing our own history.
We would all love to find the writings of our ancestors,
but are we leaving something behind 
for others to discover us?

I stopped at a booth where I saw a stack of books titled
LifeBio.
Front cover of book.

Introductory page



Some sample headings.


One of the most daunting things that any writer faces
is the blank page.

Where do I even begin?
What should I start with?
Is anyone interesting in the small things?
How will this be preserved?

I have begun to work through this little book.
And, so has Mr. Kerry.

We are not actually filling out the pages within the book,
but are putting them into Microsoft Word,
and preserving them into a computer file,
and on FamilySearch.

Now, I have seen many books similar to this.
But, this is one of the better ones I have seen.

So, perhaps this Christmas season,
when you're thinking of what you can give to your loved ones,
this may be the best gift ever.

It's a gift of your own self so that your posterity
 can get to know you a little better
through you.

And, if your parents are still alive,
or any of your living relatives,
encourage them to write their story in 
this very easy, simple way.
It can certainly help to tweak their memories...
and, ours.

Disclaimer:  As I talked with Beth, she gave me this book as a gift.  I thanked her profusely, and said that I would certainly look through it and tell others if I liked it.

And, I do.

Find her at:  http://www.lifebio.org/











No comments:

Post a Comment