Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas beauties of the day - Royal Copenhagen Danish Christmas Plates

Christmas beauties of the day.

Royal Copenhagen Danish Christmas plates.

I had never even heard of these until about five years ago. A little, older man in our ward had just joined the church, and had led a fascinating life. At one point, he had been the curator of a Swedish museum, and talked and talked about Scandinavia to Kerry and me.

He met my three youngest children, and just adored them.

One day, he invited us into his apartment for a visit after we had taken him to church. He said he had something for us. As we looked into a box he handed to Kerry, we saw all of these beautiful blue plates.

I asked him to tell us about them, and he told us the story about them. They were his, and he was giving them to us. Their history can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_Christmas_plates

Then, one day I was at Goodwill and found four more!

Brother Seeburger is no longer with us, but I will always be grateful for this special gift honoring Kerry's heritage.














No comments:

Post a Comment