Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Christmas beauties of the day - Russian Nesting Dolls

Christmas beauties of the day.

Russian nesting dolls.

I can't remember how or why my collection began and continues to grow. The biggest set I have nests five figures, but believe it or not, I have seen them nested up to nine.

When we toured Russian after Erik Lauritzen's mission, we were told the proper custom was to bring gifts. We asked what types of things Russians are fond of, and we were told they love Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Koolaid. So, went to Big Lots and filled half a suitcase.

Their gifts to us? Russian nesting dolls, lace tablecloths, handmade wooden boxes that pull apart, crystal, crocheted items, painted eggs, and aprons.

And, here I am with my Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Koolaid.
They would open up the salt and practically swoon from the smell. And, the Koolaid? They mixed it up and drank it with no sugar! It was different from the way they made a fruit drink -- the remains of a jar of jelly mixed with water.

My collection







My fingers are added for comparison to this five stack.


My finger added for compatison

No comments:

Post a Comment